Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spicy squid with french beans



It was a cold day and I wanted to some "heat", so I cooked this for him.

Darlin' said it is sooo appetizing!
♥♥Had a smile on my face! ♥♥
Glad to serve him something hot when he is having flu. 


hot! hot! hot

Spicy Squid with French Beans


Ingredients
Squids (cut into squares and gently make criss-cross pattern)
French beans
2 or 3 tbsp of chilli paste
Some belacan powder
Onions, garlic, shallots (all chopped)
Some tamarind juice (just mix tamarind pulp in some water)
Sugar and salt to taste

Instructions
1. Fry onions, garlic and shallots in a little olive oil until fragrant.
   (I prefer olive oil as it is healthier, you can also use normal cooking oil)
2. Add in chilli paste and a tablespoon of belacan powder, some sugar and salt.
3. Add in a tablespoon of tamarind juice and simmer for a while and add french beans and squid.
4. Stir-fry so that all squids are coated with chilli paste.
5. Serve hot!


Happy trying!

2 comments:

  1. Can be eaten as a single dish with plain rice!
    ♥cooked with love♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love squid, this one looks very appetizing. Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be following.

    ReplyDelete