Monday, January 10, 2011

Sambal Asparagus with Prawn


I have been thinking about cooking something spicy for him the last few days...so I decided to experiment my skill in this recipe called...

Sambal Asparagus with Prawn

Sorry guys, the background looked "blue" because I took the pic with my handphone

Ingredients
A few stalks of asparagus
Some prawns (de-shelled)
2 tablespoons of chilli paste (cili giling in hypermarkets)
1 tablespoon of belacan powder
1 teaspoon of tamarind pulp (disolved in some water)
Garlic and shallots (chopped finely)


Instructions
1. Fry chopped garlic and shallots in a some oil.
2. Add in asparagus and stir fry until half-cooked.
3. Add in prawns, chilli paste, belacan powder and tamarind pulp.
4. Stir fry until all asparagus are fully coated with the sambal paste.

Serve in a nice plate!
Sizzle!!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like a delicious recipe! Welcome to the Foodie Blogroll! I look forward to reading your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These asparagus I am sure they take a whole different flavor with all these spices! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious!I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this asparagus widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with asparagus,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all readers...thanks for the compliments..I will update more recipes to share with you guys!

    ♥ muacks ♥

    ReplyDelete